Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ah, sleep...how I long for thee...

This bites. It is in the wee (and by that I mean 4:00 am) hours of the morning, and for the second time in two weeks, I cannot fall asleep. This is incredibly frustrating. Last time, I managed to get about 2 hours of shut-eye, but I have a feeling I won't get that lucky tonight. Rats.

I have no clue why. I'm assuming it's because there's so much going on in my life right now, that I can't shut off my stupid brain. So, I turn on the laptop and sit here typing my woes to an audience that neither exists nor cares. How's that for depressing?

Tyler has officially graduated from first grade! He is on the A-honor roll (imagine that), and is an accelerated reader. He also recieved the award from his teacher for the "best manners". Good to know all that stuff I beat into him at home is working. LOL. So, he will be going to the Y this summer again...it was so good for him physically last year that I've decided to suck it up financially and do it again. He will be out for three weeks in July so he can have specialized therapy for his arm, but otherwise, he will be spending his days swimming and playing with his little buds. School starts up again on August 11th (I think); we will find out in mid-July who his new teacher is.

Marc is doing well...crazy busy. Some days he doesn't have time to go to the gym, and sometimes he never gets to eat dinner. I am sending him boxes full of stuff he can make in his room or office, so at least if he gets hosed out of a real meal at the chow hall, at least he can have something from the microwave. He still enjoys his job and the folks he's working with. They just had a new rotation start, so the guys he's with now, he'll be with until he finishes his deployment. We are three months in, and counting. Six to his visit, and nine to the finish line. I do have to say, that as much as he makes me nuts when he's here, and that it's really nice to have a house that actually stays clean (even with a seven year old living in it), it is really starting to suck not having anyone to talk to at night. It can get pretty lonely here, when everyone is asleep except me, and all I hear is the static on the monitor from Tyler's room, and the stupid gerbil running in his wheel like he's being chased by a large cat.

Well, I have successfully wasted enough time, both mine and yours. Thanks for reading the sob story. I'm sure that when Tyler wakes up in the morning...hell, in about three hours...and the sun is shining, things will feel just fine. I imagine I'll be too tired to give a shit about much, though....

No comments: